Saturday, July 5, 2008

Plans and such

I needed to get out, so last night I met up with my sister and my niece to see Wanted. It was full of action, bloody (my kind of movie) and some parts were just funny. The opening scene was a tad raunchy for young viewers. My niece is 16. My sister covered her eyes. That was funny. Anyway, I spent the whole movie admiring Angelina Jolie's eye make up. I'm not into make up at all. I don't wear it partly because I don't know how to put it on. But I couldn't help but notice that her eyes were amazing. They hooked her up with the smoky eye look. It really works for her. I also spent a little time checking out Common. I've always found him attractive, but he looked especially fine in the movie. Eye candy is always good.

I spent the morning glued to the tv. I had to catch the Wimbledon coverage. The Williams Sisters were playing each other in the finals. I couldn't miss that. Venus won, in case you're interested. So after the match, I did my Girl push ups. I did more than I expected. Oh, but the best part was that I did one regular push up before I got into my routine. I can actually do a push up? That's a huge accomplishment with my weak arms.

Then it was time to run. But I didn't feel like it. It's just one of those days you just want to lay up. I'm sure it has something to do with the weather. It was pretty humid and it started to drizzle when I left for the park. I wasn't sure how far I'd go today. I felt pretty good. I would/should have run longer. But it started to rain a bit harder. And we are due for some thunderstorms. And I'm not trying to be stuck in the woods under the trees. So I cut it short and came home. I really should have run longer though. This run felt easier. And after checking my stats, it was easier. My heart rate wasn't through the roof. Who knows with the heart rate thing. If it's really high or really low, they both could mean good or bad. My guess is that I'm doing alright since my heart hasn't jumped up out of my chest.

In other news, I've decided to start HM training again. But this time, I'll be following a plan from Hal Higdon. I've posted my training schedule on my Google calendar. I start tomorrow, and I'm kind of looking forward to it. His plan includes cross training which is good. Maybe I'll get creative with cross training. Maybe I'll finally get my butt down to the Y again. I haven't gone in forever. Heck, maybe I'll start getting up early for my workouts. Uh, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm so bad at getting up earlier than I need to.

More in other news, I've just purchased a food processor and a raw foods cook book from Amazon.com. I've been in need of a food processor for a hot minute now. The blender can't handle everything. And it would just make my life easier. In regards to the raw foods cook book, I'm not going raw. I just think I could benefit from some raw food in my diet. It's for the part time health nut in me. I think my next purchase will be some type of veggie slicer contraption that can turn veggies into noodles and such. I've been researching and not too sure what I will get yet. Any suggestions?

Music: 4hero presents Brazilika

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:36 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:-23 ft
Date:07/05/08Up/Downhill: [+88/-111]
Time:12:37 PMDifficulty:1.8 / 5.0

Weather:Light Rain

75 F temp; 84% humidity

78 F heat index; winds N 3
Performance

Distance: 2.71 miles

Time:0:27:55
Speed:5.8 mph

Pace:10' 18 /miHeart Rate:167 bpm (Avg)
Calories:305
184 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .29mi
Girl Push Ups = 21
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
110' 34+0' 165.7-0.2151-49 ft
210' 20+0' 025.8-0.0174+33 ft
end9' 52-0' 266.1+0.3180-7 ft
Versus average of 10' 18 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

2 comments:

Jess said...

What HM are you training for?

I want to see Wanted, but I don't know when I'll get a chance.

DawnB said...

Just checked out a preview of Wanted I will add to my list

One of the perks of going to the Y. I saw the match while on the threadmill on saturday no wonder I was on for that long.

congratulations on starting your HM training looking forward to the updates.