Sunday, July 6, 2008

Last Minute Workout

I almost forgot I had something on my schedule today. That goes to show that if running isn't on the schedule, I really don't care. I had to strength train so I decided to do something real quick not too long ago. I told myself that once I do it I can have chocolate (soy)milk. I have a sweet tooth and that's what I'm craving. And it's pretty hot and humid, so that would be refreshing on ice.

Anyway, here's the little bit I threw together.

2x15 Forward Lunges
2x15 Squats
2x15 Hip Flexor
2x15 Dumbbell Chest Press
26 Girl Push Ups

I did push ups although I did them yesterday. Today should have been a day off. But I felt like I needed to do something else. I didn't want to be a complete wuss on my strength training day out of laziness. But the best part is that I wasn't sore from yesterday. I was sore after the first day (abs and pecs). It was a completely different story today. I didn't feel anything when I woke up this morning. Hey, maybe this program really does work. I'm going to stick with it. I've also decided that after I finish, I will do the program over again with real push ups. Then I'll be all hard core.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Are you doing the modified pushups? "The girl ones"? That is exactly what I'm going to do! It might take me a year to get through the program but dang it, I'm gonna do it! First go through with the girl ones and then try the "real ones.

Antoinette said...

See, you're making me feel like a slacker. I need to get back to weights, strengthening, and core stuff.