Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gnat Attack

So the plan was to get my run in after stopping off at Verizon Wireless to get my numbers transferred from my old phone to the replacement phone. Well, come to find out, the replacement they sent me via Fed Ex was bombed out and depleted too. So yeah, I spent over an hour at VZ and still left with the same busted ass phone I came in with (They're sending me another one tomorrow). And about the time I left, the banana I ate was long gone out of my system. I was starving. So I treated myself to Ruby Tuesday's, for one, because I had no food prepared and two, it's been a hot minute since I've had some fries. I'll just run later.

So it rained and whatnot. I went out after that. And of course, it was attack of the gnats. Talk about being so grossed out. I ran breathing through my nose to keep them out of my mouth. I think I ingested one anyway. They were all over me. I spent the run absolutely disgusted. I just wanted to get it over with so I could hurry up and wash the bugs off of me and out of my afro puff (I'm not exaggerating). Okay, so finally the run is over and I'm way on the other side of the park while a thunderstorm is about to plant itself over the town. I could hear thunder and see cracks of lightning. I prayed that I'd make it home safely without being electrocuted. So yeah, I hot foot it home. Thank God I got in just before the storm settled in. Now I'm showered and so fresh and so clean-clean and I still feel itchy. I'm sure it's all in my head. Oh, and for the record, I didn't do push ups or any strength today. I would have afterward if I weren't covered in bugs. I was in a rush to wash the critters off when I got back.

Morning:
Banana coffee cake w/coffee, soymilk and raw sugar (Yep, treated myself to caffeine again to cure yet another headache this morning.)

Afternoon:
Banana
Veggie burger w/fries and steamed broccoli
Tings

Evening:
Coconut water (pre/post-run)
I still haven't cooked. Maybe I'll have the old and faithful PB&J before bed. Or maybe a smoothie. Yeah, I think I'll go with a smoothie.

Activity
Route:Park
Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Willingboro, NJElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:07/23/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:07:25 PMDifficulty:0 / 5.0

Weather:Thunderstorm Light Rain Fog/Mist

75 F temp; 87% humidity

78 F heat index; winds E 6
Performance

Distance: 3.50 miles

Time:0:33:13
Speed:6.3 mph

Pace:9' 29 /miHeart Rate:169 bpm (Avg)
Calories:390
190 bpm (Peak)
Notes
Cool Down = .79mi
Pace (min/mile)
Heart Rate (bpm)
Heart Rate Zones
ZoneRange
(bpm)
Time
In Zone
Distance
In Zone
193 - 1110h 00m0% 0.02 mi
2111 - 1300h 00m1% 0.05 mi
3130 - 1480h 02m7% 0.23 mi
4148 - 1670h 06m19% 0.67 mi
5167 - 1850h 21m65% 2.31 mi
(none)out of range0h 02m6% 0.24 mi
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Heart
Rate
Elev
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 54+0' 256.1-0.3151-- ft
29' 37+0' 086.2-0.1172-- ft
39' 20-0' 096.4+0.1179-- ft
end8' 40-0' 496.9+0.6185-- ft
Versus average of 9' 29 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Why does this post remind me of Jess? LMAO! Ewwwhhhhh I hate bugs. I feel your pain chica!

tfh said...

That's rough.

Nothing speeds up a run more than (a) gnats and (b) fear of death by lightning. Or makes it more miserable.

Steve Stenzel said...

Oh God, I HATE running through a gnatty mess.

Nice workout!!

DawnB said...

I thought it was me lately they've been awful

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I hate some Texas gnats last weekend. It's not as bad as you think - extra protein.

Just kidding. About it being bad, that is. No matter what you think, eating bugs is just plain Ewwwww.