Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On the Couch for Good Reason

I've spent the past couple of days on the couch watching the US Open. I haven't done anything remotely related to exercise. All bets are off on my period. Watching tennis is kind of motivating. I want to be an athlete. Or maybe I just want to have the body of an athlete. I guess running and more visits to the Y will get me where I wanna be eventually. I'm not getting any younger.

Anyway, I may run tomorrow. I felt like crap Monday and yesterday. I feel better today. I should feel much better tomorrow. We'll see in the morning. I have to get the run in early, because I have to get home in time to shower and catch the morning coverage of the Open.

So here's today's grub.

Breakfast: Cream of wheat w/cinnamon, sugar, raisins and flax seeds I figured I'd start the day with something rich in iron and good fat.

Snack: Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie w/soy milk

Lunch: Lentil patties and veggies w/mashed potatoes and gravy
I figured I'd get my bean on for more iron. Anyway, I wouldn't suggest eating this as a burger. The bread and fixings take away from it. I added garlic, but it needs some spices. I'll work on that next time I make it. It works well with the gravy though. The gravy was made from a no-salt Rapunzel veggie bouillon cube, corn starch, onion, garlic, and sage powders, thyme, kosher salt and pepper.


Munchies: Fat free caramel corn and a few dark chocolate covered almonds
This is what happens when you go to Trader Joe's hungry. Actually, I didn't realize I was hungry til I got there. But I had to restock my fu, soy milk, and dark chocolate covered almonds.

Dinner: I was gonna eat tempeh and veggies w/mashed potatoes and gravy, but I just may go for another smoothie.

Oh, and yesterday's grub consisted of: The last of the banana crumb muffins (I must make more), a couple of ACV cocktails (because it's good for this time of the month), lentil burger w/veggies, cantaloupe (which was really sweet), strawberry blueberry banana smoothie, cashews, a few pretzels and dark chocolate covered almonds, lentil patty, more veggies and mashed potatoes and gravy.

No comments: