Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Week 4 Day 1

I woke up bright and early at 5am. I had a feeling that I'd want to get this run over with as early as possible. I was right. First of all, the weather was absolutely disgusting. It was 82* and ridiculously HUMID. So yeah, damn the track around the way. I went to the Y. Anyway, I get there to find this experienced jogger on the track. She jogged about 5 times around while I untangled my headphones, and probably 5 more times while I stretched. And I can't count how many times she blew by me when I finally made it on the track. It looked so easy. Didn't even look like she broke a sweat. I, on the other hand, looked like I had done some serious manual labor on a farm during the hottest part of the day. I'm just waiting for the day it becomes easy to me. Well, if you haven't already figured it out, today's session was a challenge. But you know what? I did it. That's the most important part. And you know what else? I can't wait to get out there on Friday to do it all over again.

During the run interval, I wanted to stop and walk. But I had to think about what it was that made me want to stop. It wasn't that I was in pain or that my muscles were burning. It all had to do with my breathing, like I couldn't breathe deep enough. So that's something I need to work on. I guess it would help to slow down the pace a bit too. I do have to say that I am proud of myself for stepping it up a notch for the last min of the last 5min run. It felt good to pick up my legs and go faster. Ah, but if only I had the endurance. It will come some day. But let me just say, at that pace, I could have given the experienced jogger chick a challenge.

Music: Robert's Week 4 Podcast
Walk/Jog: 32min

Pre-run: TJ's orange, peach, mango juice (which isn't as good as I thought it would be)
Breakfast: Christie's Own Vanilla Soy Latte (for the ride to work)
More Breakfast: Banana (finally at work)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: PB&J
Dinner: Tofu, kale, sweet potato w/Earth Balance

I'm sure I munched on something else, but I'm too tired to remember it all. Or maybe I thought about eating something else, but didn't. I don't know anymore.

No comments: