Sunday, August 12, 2007

Week 4 Completed

I finished up today and it felt great. I'm no longer scared of Week 5. This post in the Cool Running discussion forum helped A LOT. I could have queued up Robert's podcast again for another go around. Also, I changed something. I used to count every four steps to pace myself. But counting has become annoying. I didn't feel like doing it anymore. Today, I realized that if I can still jog while breathing through my nose only, then my pace was fine. If I feel the need to open my mouth to catch my breath, I'm going too fast and need to slow down. I may be completely wrong, but that's what worked for me today. I have to say that W4 D3 was the best run so far. Oh, and the best part was that I wasn't dragging on the last run. I felt stronger. On W4 D2, I just wanted it to be over. The end couldn't come fast enough. Now, I just want to get out there and do it again tomorrow. I don't want to go too fast and mess myself up though. But when I jog in the morning, by the end of the day, I feel like I should be heading to the gym for another work out. Why? Because it feels like I didn't do anything at all. I haven't been sore for weeks, and that was when I first started. But a lot had to do with swimming, which is a total body work out. I haven't been back to the pool yet. So I guess I have more energy to do something else.

Have you noticed that I haven't been strength training? Yeah, it's too boring. Maybe I'll check out yoga, or do The Firm instead. I have The Firm dvds. One of the dvds kicked my ass though. It's that damn stepper that was too much for me. Also, at that time, I wasn't taking iron. So maybe I'll be better at it if I try it again. We shall see. But I definitely need to do something else on my off days. Maybe I'll start tomorrow morning.

Music: Robert's Week 4 Podcast
Walk/Jog: 32min

Breakfast: Trader Joe's juice concoction and an apple
Pre-run: Cashews (because my stomach was talking to me soon after breakfast)
Post-run: Apple w/peanut butter
Lunch: Falafel w/tahini dressing on a bed of baby spinach w/diced tomatoes
Snack: So Delicious Ice Cream Sandwich
Dinner: Breakfast for dinner..tofu scramble w/tomato, home fries, and toast w/soy margarine

No comments: