Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 5 Day 2

I wanted to run yesterday, but I was too tired. I turned off the alarm and turned over. I got up about an hour and a half later to get ready for work. I wasn't there for long. At 11:30am, we were notified that our branch office was closing effective immediately. Ah, the joys of being in the mortgage industry. Well, that's another story for a different blog all together.

Anywho, today was more challenging, which is to be expected. This session consisted of two intervals of 8min jogging. I sped up the pace because of so many people on the track. There are only two lanes at the Y. You must stay in the inner lane unless you're passing someone. And since I didn't want to slow up the person I was passing, I went a little faster than I would have liked to. And just to clarify, I was passing walkers. I'm not that good. But I am SO proud of myself. There is no point in my life that I've ever jogged for 8min. Hell, I've never jogged for 5min until last week. And honestly, Week 1's 60sec jog was a challenge. It's hard to believe how far I've come. I am confident, but still not sure how I feel about Saturday's 20min jog. I guess I'll just have to get my butt to the track at the crack of dawn so I can have it to myself. I'm so much better at pacing myself when there's not a bunch of people to pass.

Music: Robert's Week 5 Podcast
Walk/Jog: 32min

Today was a crap food day. I'm a bad girl today. But it's not on purpose.

Snack: Glass of OJ
Pre-run Breakfast: Leftover tofu scramble w/home fries and half English muffin w/soy margarine
Post-run: Tofutti Marry Me Ice Cream bar
Mid-day Snack: Cup of coffee w/a friend (I couldn't turn it down. He grinds his own beans.)
Dinner: General Tso's Tofu w/brown rice (I was shocked it didn't include broccoli. The fu was good though. )

The good thing is that dinner came with some type of marinated cabbage and carrots. And they brought me 2 orange slices when they brought my check. So I had a lil bit of veggies and a lil bit of fruit, but definitely not enough for the day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Passing walkers is nothing to sniff at! I admit it -- I've been passed by walkers WHILE I WAS *RUNNING*. Granted, they were hardcore "race walkers" but still -- it was was super embarrassing!

Christie said...

I'm sure you were probably in the middle of a marathon.

There was a serious speed walker that I thought would pass me, but I passed her. Go me. But this guy probably my dad's age jogged past me numerous times. And this senior citizen jogged past me too. But I don't feel too bad. I'm new to this.

Jen said...

In my first 5k ever, I got passed by an old man with some sort of breathing tube hooked up to himself. THAT was humbling -- and inspiring to see him out running!

Christie said...

There was an older lady at the park today, probably my grandmom's age. I'm thinking she jogged around the park about 3 times because I saw her 3 times. It didn't even look like she broke a sweat. I hope I'm that active when I'm her age.