Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 6 Day 3

Good lawd was that intense. The route I jogged today was so much harder than the path through the park. There were so many hills and inclines. I walked the route back in March and I remember being annoyed by it then. It's nice scenery and all. I get to see the golf course. But that whole area is hilly. I guess it's not the best place for a beginner to start, but I did it anyway. My hamstrings hate me, but luckily, they didn't give out on me completely. I'm seriously going to have buns of steel. Yes, they're sore too. I did wake up a bit sore from yesterday's Pilates. But let me tell ya, Pilates ain't got nothin' on a hilly run. Next time, I should do the same course backwards so it's all downhill. I am definitely taking two days off. I'll be back on the trails on Monday.

Music: Musique, Vol. 1: 1993-2005 by Daft Punk
Warm up: 5min walk
Jog: 25min
Cool down: 2-3min walk back to my house
Today's route, from my front door and back, was 2.59mi according to MapMyRun.com

Pre-run: Strawberry blueberry smoothie
Post-run: I finished the smoothie
Lunch: The last of the tofu rancheros and black bean chili
Snack: Banana crumb muffin
Munchies: A lil bit of cashews
Dinner: Veggie tofu stir-fry

No comments: