Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just what I needed

After yesterday's run, I figured I'd go to bed early. My body needed the rest. Well, I fell asleep before midnight, so that's an improvement. I set my alarm for 7am. And what time did I wake up? 5:26am. When did I realize that I couldn't go back to sleep? About 6:30am. That's when I got up for good. It's weird because after last Saturday's 20min jog, I was beat for like 2 days. Sleep was my best friend. Now I can't get enough. It's not like I woke up tired. I'm just annoyed that I didn't sleep as long as I would have liked. I do have plans for today and don't want to run out of steam later.

Anyway, I got up, stretched, ate, and took myself to the pool. Being in the water felt so good. It felt as good as stretching. I should go after every run.

Swim: 30min or so

Breakfast: Cream of wheat w/cinnamon and sugar and a bit of soy milk

Snack: Pretzels w/peanut butter

Lunch: Stir-fry veggies w/tofu and brown rice

Snack: Chips and fruity alcoholic beverages
I was at a friend's birthday bbq. It's funny because her mom asked me,"Christie, are you eating?" I told her no. Then she asked me jokingly,"Are you vegetarian or something?" Ha ha, yes I am actually. Cool thing is that she has a garden out back. I really wanted to jack her for her eggplant.

Dinner: Pizza w/lots of veggies from Bertucci's (no cheese of course)
Alcohol munchies made me drive here on the way home. I've been craving it since I had it last weekend.

No comments: