Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 7 Day 2

So I didn't get up early this morning. I went to bed around 3am or so. I had my alarm set, but I turned it off and turned over. My friend, Angela, called this morning around 10am, so that's when I decided to get up. It took a while for me to get out the door. It was hours actually. There was no one playing that I just couldn't miss, so headed off to the Y this afternoon.

I figured I'd do the indoor track today, but that location is closed for the week. I didn't find out until I got there. So I drove all the way to the other Y in the county. There's no indoor track there, so I got on the treadmill. It was the first time I've done C25K on the treadmill. I was kind of scared of it before, thinking I'd roll off at some point. But I got over that from reading the Cool Running boards. A lot of people actually complain about how they can run 3mi on the treadmill, but not outside. I guess the treadmill is easier because it sets the pace for you. It's hard when you're out on your own trying to find the perfect pace so you can get into the groove. You may never get into the groove. I have to say that I haven't yet gotten to the point where I felt like I could run forever. I'm waiting for that moment to happen.

Since my routine was thrown off today, I completely forgot to stretch before and after the run. I didn't think about it until I was on my way home. So I ended up stretching when I got home. I'm a little sore now, but it's a good sore. And I feel so much better today than I did Monday. Hopefully, I'll feel even better on Saturday. I really wanted to swim this week, but it will have to wait. Being a girl can suck sometimes. I guess I'll just have to go with pilates or yoga.

Music: Earthtones mixed by DJ Lil Dave (A nice compilation of afro-latin house music)

Warm up walk: 5min or so
Jog: 25min
Cool down walk: 7min

Breakfast: Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie w/flax seeds
You'd think I would have added flax seeds sooner since they're in the freezer w/the berries. DUH!!

Pre-run: Cashews

Post-run: Half a can of chickpeas w/shredded carrots and dijon mustard vinaigrette
I don't know, I just had a craving.

Munchies: Lots of caramel corn and a few dark chocolate covered almonds
I really should have had PB&J instead. Maybe later.

Dinner: I think I'm going with tempeh, veggies and mashed potatoes w/gravy
And I'm pretty sure I'll be munching on something else after dinner.

No comments: