Saturday, September 1, 2007

Week 7 Day 3

I was back on the treadmill today. My pace was faster than it was Thursday. So I'm proud of myself. I have noticed that since the non-stop jog intervals, I've had more of a total body work out. I feel like I've been punching people. My shoulders have definitely been sore. I usually notice it after the jog. But today I felt it during the jog. I can't believe that my shoulders are actually sore from jogging. JOGGING?? I've never jogged in my life..well, until now. I guess I have to remember to stretch my shoulders now too.

Music: Dewdrops in the Garden by Deee-Lite
Warm up walk: 5min
Jog: 26:30min
Cool down walk: 3:30min

Pre-run: A lil bit of OJ
Post-run: Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie w/flaxseeds
Lunch: Huge salad of baby spinach, chickpeas, shredded carrots and dijon mustard vinaigrette
Snack: PB&J
Dinner: Another smoothie, but with baby spinach added
I went to the store today just for spinach.
Snack: Pretzels

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome run! your lunch sounded so good that it made me hungry just now. i'm off to fix some dinner!

Jen said...

With the shoulder soreness -- a lot of people tend to carry tension in their shoulder/neck area, and when they run, they tighten up there (by "a lot of people", I of course include myself!). While you're running, it helps to do a few shoulder rolls and just check to make sure you're not absent-mindedly tensing up your shoulders. Another trick to help with keeping your upper body loose is to make sure you're not clenching your fists at all. Keep your hands and wrists soft -- shake 'em out every few minutes if you need to.

Christie said...

I don't remember having my shoulders up to my ears, but I think my fists were clenched. I must keep that in mind. Thank you.