Saturday, September 29, 2007

Resting and Reading

I haven't been feeling so hot. I'm sure it has everything to do with the change in seasons. It's hot, then it's cold, then it's hot again, and I'm stuck in the middle. I've been sneezing and blowing and popping Benadryl to get a decent night's sleep. Actually, Benadryl is the only thing that guarantees that I'll get to bed before midnight. Well, alcohol could do the same thing, but I'm a social drinker. If I'm seriously drinking alone, it means I've got some problems.

So earlier this week I ordered Jill Scott's new album along with two running books from Amazon.com. I got the stuff today. I listened to the album (which is only for the grown and sexy if you're interested). Then I read the book (when I should have been eating a brothy soup). I rarely read a book in one sitting. I'm the type to read, put it down, forget that I was reading it, then come back to it a few months later very surprised that I remember where I left off. Anyway, I read The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women. The book is hilarious. I think everyone should read it. Even if you're not a woman and never plan to run a marathon, you'll find it entertaining. Am I inspired to run a marathon? Uh, no. Because I just can't get my mind around 26.2 miles. There's absolutely no need for me to run that far for any reason. EVER. I may change my mind. Yeah, after I've endured the pain of childbirth and a measly marathon will seem like a walk in the park. But I can see a half marathon. That doesn't scare me too much. Maybe I'll do that one of these days.

Now I think I'll try making the soup I should have made earlier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling hot... it's about that time of the year, i suppose! the book sounds interesting... thanks for the recommendation!

Christie said...

Thanks. I'm not sick-sick, just annoyed to be going through so many tissues. But it's a good book. You should check it out.