Sunday, September 2, 2007

I headed off to the Y although Serena was playing. I figured that she'd be okay while I was away. Anyway, the swim was good. I didn't rest as long as I usually do between laps. I'm not sure you can call what I do laps. I do some sort of breast stroke to one end, then I swim on my back to get back. Hey, it's something. I was never taught to swim, so I just do what I can. Maybe I'll take swimming lessons one day. But it's not a priority right now.

Swim: 30min

Pre-swim: Tea and a piece of toast w/soy marg and jelly
Lunch: Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie w/baby spinach and flaxseeds
I actually got my aunt adding greens to her smoothies. Go Auntie.
Munchies: Iced oatmeal snacking cookies
I got a sweet tooth while walking around Wegmans. They were organic and vegan. So I don't feel too bad about it.
Dinner: Tempeh, sauteed spinach, mashed potatoes w/gravy
Munchies: More cookies
Late night snack: Cantaloupe and an apple

4 comments:

Jen said...

Of course those count as laps! All motion counts. And propelling your body through water takes work, no matter what style you do it in. Plus it's such great cross training for running. Ah, running. I miss running... Luckily, I get to your blog & get my "fix."

Jen said...

And that's so awesome that you've got your aunt adding greens to smoothies! Healthy habits are contagious.

Christie said...

I'm sure you'll be back on the trails again in no time. When do you get your shoes?

Oh guess what? My aunt called me tonight to get the recipe for VWAW Italian marinated tofu. I made it for her a few times and now she's hooked.

Jen said...

I get my shoes on Thursday, but those are just the shoes that I wear everyday, not running shoes... it'll be at least another month before I can run again. But I'm going to ask about using the elliptical machine. It's not as much fun, but it's something... And after next Saturday, I may never want to sit on a bike again!