Monday, September 3, 2007

Week 8 Day 1

I didn't wake up early enough to jog this morning. I had yet another headache. Yes, I am headache prone. I used to get them a lot when I was younger. I don't like taking meds. And sometimes they don't work anyway. In my experience, headaches mean I need more sleep. So as usual, I turned my off alarm and turned over. And when I did get up, it was US Open time.

So I went out for a jog this evening on the track. The weather always seems nicer before you start jogging. Once you get moving, you feel the humidity you didn't know was there before. It wasn't as enjoyable as jogging in the AC, but it didn't kill me. But I do know that if there was ever any serious heat going on, my butt would be at the Y on the indoor track or treadmill. Although I was uncomfortable with the temperature, I am happy with today's run. It feels so good knowing that I did it. Who woulda thought I could jog 28min without passing out? Ah, I can't wait to get back out there again.

Music: House Nation America Disc 2 mixed by Erick Morillo
Warm up walk: .25 mi
Jog: 28min (2.25mi)
Cool down walk: .25 mi

Breakfast: Cream of wheat w/cinnamon, maple syrup, flaxseed and a bit of soy milk
Pre-run: Apple
Post-run: Smoothie w/strawberry, blueberry, banana, flaxseed and soy milk
Dinner: Tempeh, veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy
Late night snack: Grapes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pace! i like your new profile photo, too :)

Christie said...

Thank you. That means a lot coming from a fast as lightning runner like you. I'm going to work on my pace once I complete C25k.

turtle tracks said...

I know what you mean about the weather. It was 60° when I left the house this morning, and I almost went back and changed into pants. Once I got moving on the track, it got a lot warmer. There was a nice breeze though, so for the most part, I kept cool.

Christie said...

Lucky you. There was no breeze when I was out there. I'm jogging indoors tomorrow.