Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 9 Day 2

Darn it. I forgot my gum. I haven't replaced my earbuds either, so no music. I really didn't want to run today. I just wasn't feeling it. I got out of the car thinking, Lord, I hope this doesn't suck. I get on the track around 4pm. Yeah, I was really procrastinating. Good thing was I had the track to myself. I started out extremely slow. Like snail slow. I didn't want to be there anyway. But after a while, I ended up jogging at a pretty decent pace. I guess you naturally speed up without thinking about it. I had my own music going on in my head. So I guess that helped too. It's funny because I pay more attention to the music in my head than the music in my ears. Maybe I don't need earbuds after all.

Today's run was FABULOUS. I didn't check my watch or the gym clock once. I was surprised when the timer went off. I ran for a couple more minutes. I had to finish the song that was in my head. Yes, I'm serious. Also, I did 2 laps of a full on run. Boy was I surprised to have enough energy to do it. I should continue practicing that from now on. I want to improve my pace, so a little fartlek will help.

I felt really good afterwards. So I turned the music in my head into my own personal concert. Yes, I had the windows down, sunroof open, radio off, and I just sang. Good times.

Warm up walk: 5min
Jog: about 34min
Cool down walk: 5min

Breakfast: Trader Joe's Toasted Oatmeal Flakes w/raisins
Snack: Toast w/hummus, tomato, S&P
Pre-run: More cereal and raisins
This was more like a trail mix.
Lunch: Finished the pasta leftovers
Dinner: Spicy black beans, tempeh and brown rice w/a bowl of broccoli
Very, very filling. I couldn't finish.


I really, really need to make a smoothie later. I don't have enough fruit in my life today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

A little fartlek always helps ;-)