Saturday, September 22, 2007

I just had to

During yesterday's run, there were a few girls who came in to use the floor mats on the outside of the track. All of them were doing core strengthening exercises that I should have been doing all along. I guess that was a sign that I needed to get my butt on the floor and get to it.

Yoga: 25min
Yoga For Every Body: Hips, Knees, Ankles and Feet
There are various workouts to choose from on this dvd. That should keep things interesting.


2 x 15 Wall Push Ups
2 x 15 Tricep Dips w/Bent Knees
2 x 15 Squats w/10lb weights
2 x 15 Crunches w/3lb weights
2 x 20 Crunches w/Twist
2 x 12 Lying Leg Raises
3 x 20 Modified Plank
1 x 30 Lying Leg Curls

I added weights to the crunches today. I saw the exercise on Sparkpeople and decided to try it out. My abs hurt to the point they were almost numb. The squats and planks were actually easier compared to the crunches. I'm definitely going to feel it in the morning.

3 comments:

turtle tracks said...

Core exercises are very important. I have a bad back and arthritic knees, and I think it really helped that I built up my strength before I attempted running. I do my ab workout everyday, and I loooove strength training. Free weights are my favorite part of my workout. The stronger I get the better I'll be at running.

I really really really want to try pilates. I hear Windsor is the best, but do you need a bunch of equipment for it?

Christie said...

No equipment necessary. Just bring your abs.

turtle tracks said...

Awesome! My sister might have those DVDs. I'll look for (and steal) them when I go over to her house in a little while...