Monday, September 17, 2007

OHR - Week 1 Day 1

I woke up at the crack of dawn to begin the One Hour Runner plan today. I'm taking a day class this week. Running any time I damn well please isn't an option. And I was hoping that early runs would keep me energized for the rest of the day. Well, that's what I thought. But the course is so boring. All the energy I had was wrung out of me. It's ridiculous. I wanna go to bed, but I need to study first :(

Back to today's run..it was nothing I haven't done before. I have to run for 30min for the first 3 weeks. I hope to get more comfortable with that pretty soon. Today, I went really slow. See, I overdid it on the hot chocolate this morning. I just had too much in my stomach, and if I went any faster, I would have needed a toss my cookies break. So I did what I could. Time seemed to fly though. Maybe it had something to do with having music(replaced my earbuds). And I actually paid attention to it. I wanted to sing along, but that would have made the jog harder than it needed to be. And I wasn't in the mood. I already had a pain in my side. So my goal for Wednesday is to not have too much going on in my tummy.

Music: James Brown All Time 20 Greatest Hits
I was listening to Aretha on my way to the Y. She put me in the mood for some old school. Too bad Re-Re is too slow for the track. JB is more upbeat.


Warm up walk: 5min
Jog: 30min
Cool down walk: 5min

Pre-run: Piece of toast w/grape jam & soy marg w/a big cup of hot chocolate soy milk
Breakfast: Banana, walnuts and raisins
Lunch: Veggie wrap w/chips from Gaetano's
Snack: Apple and a Chocolate Mint Clif Builder's bar
At this time, I was gonna pass out in class and figured some sugar would help. Well, it didn't.
Dinner: Spicy black beans w/tempeh, brown rice and kale
Late night studying snack: Hummus w/baby carrots

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, man, aren't those chocolate mint builder's bars the BEST? I need to make the half hour trip to stock up some more of those. One wasn't enough.

Christie said...

They are really good and not too sweet. My teeth are sensitive, so that's a plus. I just bought a box this weekend. It's my first time trying it.

Frank Castiglione said...

james brown sounds like a good soundtrack. that should keep you pumped up!

Christie said...

It certainly does. Adding some funk to your workout does a body good :)