Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No Strength Today

I wanted to do strength training, but it wasn't happening. I was so tired this morning. I went to bed after 1am. I was up doing homework for class. So not fun. I was already tired from being in class. The boring bedtime reading didn't help. Well, I set my alarm for 6:30am but I woke up for good around 7. I'm not a huge coffee person, but it was necessary. I made it a point to make a latte before I left the house. So I left a little late, but that meant I would be AWAKE for the rest of the day.

After class, I stopped at Trader Joe's to get some soy milk and tempeh. I picked up 6 half gallons of soy milk for my aunt too. She's hooked on the stuff. She drinks a quart a day, or something ridiculous like that. Too much sugar going on in the milk. She says she needs the calcium. I told her to eat quinoa and tofu and to drink more water.

After TJ's, I went to Lois' Health Cupboard for my iron. I took the last of it today. Actually, it was half a dosage. And I have to take it twice daily. I had to refill if I'm going to be functional on the track tomorrow. Then I came home, cooked, did homework. My aunt came over for her milk and my food. She made a plate before I even ate. She always ends up with a plate at some point. She's enjoyed everything I've made so far. No, she won't ever go veg, but she wants to incorporate these new foods into her diet for a healthier lifestyle. That's cool. You only get one body, so use it wisely, right?

So next month, she's throwing a birthday party for my other aunt (her younger sister). Apparently, she wants me to make a lot of stuff. Every time she tries something, she adds it to the list of food she wants at the party. I'm so not the entertaining type. I cook for myself, and if someone else happens to like it, cool. If not, that's cool too and leaves more for me.

Well that's enough of me chit chatting about absolutely nothing. I'm going to bed.

Breakfast: TJ's Toasted Oatmeal Flakes w/raisins and chocolate soy latte
Snack: Cinnamon almonds
My only snack today, what's up with that? My stomach is usually the bottomless pit.
Lunch: Veggie wrap
Dinner: Curried chickpeas w/kale, tomatoes, and potatoes thrown in the pot served over quinoa
I use the spice blend from this recipe. I don't measure though. I always make this by taste and I nix the cinnamon. I don't like cinnamon in my curry. I add more ginger.

No comments: