Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Out and About

I'm surprised today wasn't a disaster. I didn't get any sleep last night. Well, it was the first night I wasn't sneezing and blowing, so I didn't take any Benadryl. That stuff puts me to sleep. Without it is like drinking a latte before bed I guess. I fell asleep not too long before my alarm rang this morning. So I kept hitting snooze until I felt I could function.

I got up and cooked quinoa while I did yoga. Today's routine consisted of some arm strengthening exercises. Boy are my arms weak. I really need to practice those exercises. I thought my triceps would collapse and leave me kissing the yoga mat. And am I the only one out there whose palms are too sweaty to maintain the downward facing dog pose? Whenever I have to hold that pose for an extended amount of time, my hands start sliding up the mat. I guess I need to use a towel.

I ate breakfast while doing some last minute studying for the state exam for the course I passed last week. Then I cleaned the bathroom, showered, and headed out. Well, I passed the exam. Thank God because my stomach was in knots. The test was easy though. From there I went to Trader Joe's since I was halfway there. I can go but so long without their cereal. Cheerios is not cutting it. Then stopped at L's house for him to sign off on my temporary certificate (L is a dear friend and my future boss). From there we head to B's house because she needed her computer fixed (B is an acquaintance and future co-worker). I just tagged along for the ride. But before we got there, we checked out the scarecrows in Medford's scarecrow competition (Medford is a nice, little town that reminds me of Star's Hollow on Gilmore Girls). We finally get to B's, and her pc is really jacked up. It took L a while to fix it, so I jumped on B's treadmill to pass the time. It was set to some ridiculous incline and worked the heck out of my hips.

I got in around 8:30pm, made dinner, and called my niece for her birthday. I asked her if firemen came to put out the fire caused by her birthday candles. She's only 11 but it's fun to mess with her. I talked to my sister for a bit too. She and the girls (my two nieces) started jogging/walking. She said they go a little further every time they go out. I'm so happy for them. And on that note, I'm off to bed.

Yoga: 25min
Yoga For Every Body: Open & Strong Heart

Walk: 25min

Breakfast: Quinoa porridge (or whatever it is)
Made w/diced apple, raisins, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and a splash of soy milk
Lunch: Chocolate Mint Clif Builder's Bar
Dinner: Tempeh burger w/sauteed onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard on toasted oatmeal bread and oven baked fries

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you felt well enough to put in some exercise! good job!

Christie said...

Thanks. I think yoga is giving me energy to do stuff. I'm really surprised that a latte didn't cross my mind yesterday.