Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Yoga, Strength and Drinking


I had so much trouble waking up today. Not sure what that's about. I wish I got up sooner. I like to have "Me" time. I only had time to workout, eat, shower and run out the door. I hate rushing.

I was glad to do yoga today. I was so tight. Oddly enough, the standing routine included ab exercises. It was cool though. I haven't worked my obliques in a while. Strength was different today. Change is good. I need to work on lunges. My balance is off.

Yoga: 35min
Yoga For Every Body: General Practice: Standing

2x12 Back Extension
2x15 Crunches w/Twist
2x15 Seated Dumbbell Tricep Extension w/3lb weights
2x15 Dumbbell Chest Press w/3lbs weights
2x15 Forward Lunges
2x12 Squats w/10lb weights

Breakfast: TJ's oatmeal flakes w/raisins and unsweetened soy milk
Snack: Apple and grapes
Lunch: Veggie couscous leftovers
Drinks: Various shooters and shots for class
Dinner: Falafel sandwich from Norma's
Snack: Another apple and more grapes

In case you're wondering, you read it right. Drinks were for class. I started bartending school yesterday. It's funny because just last week I passed the state exam for my title insurance producer license. Yes, two very different things. I really didn't get into it here but my office closed 2mos ago. The mortgage industry is a nightmare with companies closing/laying off everyday. And they don't expect it to get any better until about 2009. Time to change fields and learn something new. So I'll be working for a friend at a title company by day, and making buttery nipples and red headed sluts by night. Oh, and a good thing about today..I got carded for buying Bacardi for class (extra credit) and my instructor asked if I was old enough to drink. Then when he tried to guess my age he was WAY off. How cool is that?!?!

6 comments:

Frank Castiglione said...

That sounds like a really healthy day ! Good luck w/bartending school.

Renee said...

Bartending school when you aren't even old enough to drink? Or don't appear so at least. That's pretty cool.

Christie said...

Thanks, Frank. I need all the luck I can get. I haven't studied at all. I haven't had the time.

Renee, I was surprised to learn that that the minimum age to serve alcohol in NJ is 18.

DawnB said...

good luck with your training!! sounds like a fun way to end the day!!

Nice work out!!

Jen said...

That's hilarious! I've never had a slutty redhead (though I may have been called one...)

Christie said...

Dawn, I get to drink today too. We're making frozen pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

Jen, a red headed slut is a sweet girly drink (shooter). I don't particularly care for them. You're not missing anything.