Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 3 Day 2

Today was a good day. I woke up with a headache, sore shoulders, and had a sucky run. Well, yoga made me feel better. I was pumped up and ready to tear the track up. I wanted to go to the outdoor track, not out of laziness this time, but because I wanted to master the thing. It's harder on me than the indoor track. Well, it was a tad too warm and sunny for that, so off to the Y I went. I was really thrown off with the loud basketball games going on in the gymnasium below. And there were some people on the track. You know how that messes me up. I spent the whole time talking myself out of quitting. I made it, but I was a bit lightheaded again when I finished. It made more sense this time since I only had water and OJ. And I didn't eat a lot yesterday. Hopefully next time will be better.

I had an appointment this afternoon. The place was actually in the same shopping center as this Middle Eastern restaurant I wanted to check out. So, I treated myself to lunch, and I'm still full. Oh, and now I'll be taking another course starting Monday. It should be fun. Yeah, so good food and getting to learn something new made it a good day.

Yoga: 30min
Yoga For Every Body: Hip Mobility

Warm up: 5min
Jog: 30min
Cool down: 5min

Music: Midnight Snack, Vol. 1

Pre-run: Bit of OJ
Post-run: Smoothie w/strawberry, blueberry, banana, flaxseed and unsweetened soy milk
Lunch: Veggie combo from Norma's
Falafel, hummus, tabbouleh, pita bread, stuffed grape leaves and tahini sauce
Late night snack: TJ's Toasted Oatmeal Flakes w/raisins and unsweetened soy milk

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

Smoothies are a great idea! If truth be told, I sometimes get lazy, with having to whip out the blender. But once I have done, I'm always glad.:-)

turtle tracks said...

I get thrown off when I'm not alone on the track, too. I even get thrown off when kids come out to use the playground. Thankfully, now that it's gotten "colder" here, nobody wants to be outdoors much. Aside from wildlife and the occasional playground dweller, I've had the place to myself lately.