Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 5 Day 1

Well, I did a bit more yoga than usual, but the time flew. I'm getting better at Warrior III Pose.

You know, I'm really surprised that I'm not at all sore from dancing. Wouldn't it be nice if I could turn the track into a dance floor with a disco ball in the center? I'd have a 5:00 pace:) Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture.

I'm tired of all the weather changes, so I ran at the Y. I haven't quite figured out the foot pod accessory for the Garmin yet. So I have no pace or distance today. But I do know that my pace was faster, because I started out fast on purpose. My heart rate was way high. I wonder if it has anything to do with being tired. I just can't get enough sleep these days.

Yoga: 45min
Yoga For Every Body: General Practice Routine

Music: The Sunlounge 2 mixed by DJ Statik (same DJ who spun Saturday night)

Jog Stats
30min
Heart Rate: 179 Avg/186 Max

Pre-run: OJ

Breakfast: Hemp toast w/hummus, tomato, S&P (something in this bread reminds me of tuna. I like it though..very nutty)

Snack: Honey BBQ Fritos (salt craving)

Lunch: Tuscan bean polenta w/spinach

Dinner: Tofu w/steamed broccoli and red peppers with ginger miso-tahini sauce over brown rice (I'm not a big picture person, but I liked the colors)

7 comments:

Frank Castiglione said...

Wow, that heart rate average is pretty high for a jog. Did you use the Garmin? Or was it the monitor on the treamill, because a lot of them at my gym are inaccurate? You could always take it manually too.

I like your breakfast! I wish I had that.

Christie said...

I ran on the indoor track. And I did use the Garmin. Not too sure what my problem is these days.

Renee said...

That dinner looks amazing! All your recipe sites are killing me.

Marcy said...

I hear you on the weather front. One week it's 70's and sunny, the next 50's and raining. Blah.

You're such a healthy eater, gosh I need to work on that :-X

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting! I'm going to check out the Yoga for Everybody, looks good!

urban vegan said...

You are just so organized with your healthy plans.

Dancing is the best exercise, bc you don't even think that you are exercising.

Christie said...

Renee, blame it on Veg*Triathlete
and Dr. Stonielove. They have lots of quick, tasty recipes.

Marcy, I've been sneezing and blowing my nose for a couple weeks now. It's ridiculous. As far as eating goes, I made a conscious effort to eat healthier about 4yrs ago. I'm not getting any younger. Only been veg for a couple years though.

Kate, that dvd has a lot of different routines. I've only been doing the beginner workouts. There are a bunch for intermediate and advanced too. But I need to get my skills up before I even attempt such things.

Urban Vegan, I'm not as organized as I'd like to be. I try to make a healthy choice when I can (sometimes). The fitness thing is pretty new. It doesn't come naturally at all. As far as dancing goes, I plan to go back in a couple weeks. I would go this weekend, but I have another party to get to.