Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 6 Day 1

Today's run started out good but ended up annoying me. I jogged on a bike path that's supposely 4mi long. I figured I'd go 1.5mi out then back. Well, the bike path ended at about a mile or less. So I had to jog pass my car and around the neighborhood. I like to have things all planned out so I know what to expect. It was also pretty warm, about 76*. I was burning up and the bandanna didn't help. I never wear one when I'm jogging, but I looked like who did it and ran and didn't feel like doing my hair since I was going to wet it in the shower anyway. Bad move. My pace was cool, it could have been better if I didn't have to stop to cross the street about 3 times. There were some little hills and inclines too. You can't get that on the track. Maybe I'll do the park next. Well, another park in a neighboring town that my aunt told me about. It would be good to see some new scenery.

In other news, I passed my midterm and final today. I wasn't even expecting to take them, but my instructor insisted that I knew the stuff. And he was right. I got a 95% on the midterm and 99.3% on the final. Now I just have to pass the speed test. Drinks anyone? I'm not buying, but dammit I'll make 'em.

Music: The Real Thing: Words and Sounds, Vol. 3 by Jill Scott
Mature listening only for the grown and sexy:)

Jog Stats
30min/2.61mi
Avg Pace: 11:30/mi
Heart Rate: 180 Avg/193 Max
Calories: 303

Pre-run: Half apple
Post-run: The other half
Breakfast: PB&J
Snack: Another apple and part of a chocolate Clif Builder's bar
Dinner: Veggie combo from Norma's
Falafel, tahini, hummus, tabbouleh, stuff grape leaves and pita bread
Drinks: Pineapple rum w/Pepsi, pineapple rum on the rocks, and a shot of pineapple rum (Good stuff, can't you tell?!)
Late night snack: Finished the Clif bar

Oh, I have to share this song, Hate On Me by my girl Jilly from Philly. It's my new theme song for when you're surrounded by folks with negative energy and have nothing good to say.

No comments: