Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week 5 Day 3

I was pretty busy yesterday. I was decorating, up and down subway stairs, all over the place in the downtown Brooklyn Macy's (which has 6 floors) to help my Auntie J (bday girl) find an outfit, serving food (just a tad grossed out by the meat and having ham juice flung on me, eww), and being bar wench. I should have strapped on the Garmin to make an official workout out of it. The good thing is that lots of family came together. I saw a cousin I haven't seen since we were babies (we were born 3 days apart). I got to see the bday girl and her boyfriend do the Hustle (I've always wanted to learn that dance). There was an awesome Soul Train line that kept me laughing. I saw my dad dance for the first time in ages. My grandmom was happy to see all her children together for once. Auntie J and Uncle C (her twin) were both very teary eyed to see that family and friends came out to celebrate their 50th. It was a good night.

On to today...my schedule is all jacked up. I got in from NY this morning before 9am. I've been in and out of sleep since I got home. I still don't feel rested. I was still tired when I went to the track around 6ish. I took it really slow. I got my mosey on to some neo-soul. It's amazing how much I listened to the lyrics. It kind of had me zoned out. Then when I checked the time, I had a minute and some change left. Yep, a slow, easy peasy run. Honestly, I just wanted to get it over with so I could get home and get back to bed. No good food today. I'll work on that once I'm fully rested.

Music: Floetic by Floetry

Jog Stats
38min/3.12mi
Avg Pace: 12:11/mi
Heart Rate: 171 Avg/181 Max
Calories: 343

Breakfast: Starbuck's tall vanilla soy latte at a rest stop
Snack: Some of a chocolate Clif Builder's bar
Lunch: PB&J
Snack: Apple and finished the bar
Dinner: Tofu scramble leftovers w/salsa, hemp toast, soy marg and OJ

2 comments:

DawnB said...

what a wonderful party, always nice when you get to see family you haven't seen in awhile.

hope you got some rest.

Christie said...

It was great. I was kinda teary eyed. It's nice to see everyone enjoy each other's company. Usually families get together and fight. Everyone just had a good time. It was a blessing being there.